In today's session, you will learn how to generate effective search strategies and find two types of library sources.
The general topic for today's session is "Teaching and/or Education Issue" (refer to Multimedia Project topic ideas).
Part 1: Google Docs
- Open the "read-only" Google worksheet
- Log into you Google account
- Click on "File" at the top of the page, and select "Make a copy..." so that you can work on the assignment.
- Click on "blue share button" at the top right of the page and share you document with email@example.com
Part 2: Brainstorming
- Come up with two subtopics related to the general topic: disabilities. Your subtopics should not be too specific and you need to come up with at least three associated keywords that describe it.
Part 2: Find 2 Articles
- Choose words (including the main topic) from your concept map to use for your source search.
- Find a relevant peer-reviewed article using ERIC (enter information on the Google Docs worksheet)
- Find a second, relevant peer-reviewed article using ACADEMIC SEARCH COMPLETE (enter information on the Google Docs worksheet)
Part 3: Questions/Discussion/Printing
- Open forum for questions or comments.
- Addlestone Library Handout shared in class
Part 4: Library Info. & Feedback
- Complete the very brief feedback survey.