In today's session, you will learn how to generate effective search strategies and find two types of library sources.
The general topic for today's session is: "Media Bias"
Part 1: Google Docs
- Open the "read-only" Google worksheet
- Log into you Google account
- Click on "File" at the top of the page, and select "Make a copy..." so that you can work on the assignment.
- Click on "blue share button" at the top right of the page and share you document with email@example.com
Part 2: Concept Mapping
- Take the general topic and generate at least 3 subtopics with associated keywords using http://www.text2mindmap.com/.
- After you are done, download as an image + insert your concept map into your group Google Doc, or email the map to yourself so that you can print it later.
Part 3: Find 1 Book & 1 Article
- Choose words (including the main topic) from your concept map to use for your source search.
Part 4: Questions/Discussion/Printing
- Open forum for questions or comments.
- Addlestone Library Handout shared in class
Part 5: Library Info. & Feedback
- Complete the very brief feedback survey.