ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) is a non-profit organization providing unique author identifiers to better link scholarship to authors.
An ORCID iD is a URL to your ORCID profile, e.g.
Geoff Timms orcid.org/0000-0003-0970-2618
What can ORCID do for you?
- Provide a persistent unique author identifier
- Provide an easily-editable web presence for you to showcase your scholarship
- Serve as a hub for you to reference your other Web sites (Google Citations, LinkedIn, ResearchGate)
- Increase exposure to your scholarship
Why might you need ORCID?
- Increasing numbers of journals require an ORCID iD to submit a manuscript
- Some grant applications require an ORCID iD
Check to see if ORCID training is currently scheduled or ask for a session to be scheduled with you.