Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Addlestone Library is open to the College of Charleston community and affiliates via card access. Visitors may access Addlestone Library Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, and must present a government issued ID and sign in upon entry.
In order to evaluate the credibility of your source, you can use the CRAAP test.
CRAAP Test Score Card
CRAAP scorecard for evaluating sources. The categories for scoring include:
- when was the information published or updated?
- does this source answer your research or assignment questions?
- who is the author or publisher and can you verify his or her credentials?
- are the statements or facts backed up with evidence and sources?
- is the information unbiased and impartial?
Each category can be scored from one to ten with one being the low score and ten being the high score. The higher the total score, the more reliable the website may be. Any source scoring below thirty might not be considered acceptable for academic research.
College Quick Links