The North Campus employs a full-time librarian and offers face-to-face and online assistance.
The librarian offers both scheduled and point of need instruction. The College's Libraries strive to collaborate with faculty of every discipline to teach students research, information, and digital literacy skills. Faculty are encouraged to request the North Campus librarian deliver a special lecture supporting the curriculum,which helps students:
1. Develop compelling research questions
2. Identify contextually appropriate tools and resources to answer research questions
3. Employ effective and efficient search strategies to find a range of appropriate information sources
4. Critically evaluate information according to discipline specific parameters of authority
5. Use information ethically, avoiding plagiarism and respecting the intellectual property of others
6. Contribute to ongoing scholarly conversation by producing new information content and building on previous scholarly efforts
The librarian is available for point of need research consultations by walk-in during office hours or by scheduled appointment. Research consultations are scheduled at a time that is convenient for both the researcher and the librarian.