Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Addlestone Library is open to the College of Charleston community and affiliates via card access. Visitors may access Addlestone Library Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, and must present a government issued ID and sign in upon entry.
A suite of spaces, equipment, resources, and services for curricular activities related to digital scholarship and media creation located in Addlestone Library.
What is the Production Lounge?
Part of the College of Charleston Libraries Scholars Studio, the Production Lounge is a workspace for media creation, digital scholarship, and DIY activities that support curricular activities. It is located in Addlestone Library, Room 120. The Production Lounge has 3 Mac workstations with a variety of specialized software and equipment that may be reserved by College of Charleston students, faculty, and staff.
- All workstations have access to Adobe Creative Cloud software, iMovie, GarageBand, and Audacity (for audio editing, podcasting, and video production). Xcode is also installed on all workstations.
- Workstations may be reserved in 2 hour increments for up to 4 hours per day and a total of 10 hours per week.
- DIY activities are encouraged in the Production Lounge.
- Some DIY equipment is available for use and checkout (i.e.Cricut Maker, Professional Button Maker).
- Users will need their College of Charleston ID to checkout equipment.
- Users needing assistance must make an appointment.
- Review the Addlestone Library Spaces policy for additional information.
- Production Lounge computers are available during Library Hours of Operation.
Want to learn how to use all the programs and features available in Adobe Creative Cloud? Use LinkedIn Learning! Adobe CC is available on all the workstations in the Production Lounge!
Interested in learning how to make a movie or podcast? Need to learn more about XCode for an assignment? Interested in learning Canva to make buttons? Want to use Photoshop to edit images or Illustrator to draw digital illustrations?
LinkedIn Learning is a great resource for learning and it is available for free for College of Charleston students, faculty and staff.
College Quick Links