Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Addlestone Library is accessible only to College of Charleston students, alumni, faculty, and staff, Friends of the Library, PASCAL visiting patrons, or those with appointments for services offered in the library. Cougar Cards, Alumni cards, FOL cards, PASCAL institution IDs, or appointment emails are required for entry. Virtual services are available at answers.library.cofc.edu
How to use this page:
- Edit the title of the Welcome Box to identify what subject guide this is.
- "Welcome to the library's subject guide for Biology"
- Keep this homepage simple with links to the tabs.
- Use the instructions in the box below to add a linked table of contents.
- Having some type of banner or photo that relates to the subject is a nice touch, but not required.
- If you want to use a banner that spreads the entire width of the page, it should be 1200 pixels long. The recommended height is between 200-300 pixels.
- This should happen automatically, but make sure that your profile box is set to you!
Finished editing this page? Don't forget to delete this box!
This is a placeholder box. To give your subject guide more personality, consider adding a relevant photo, graphic, or banner.
- If you do add a banner, consider making this a "floating" box.
- If you decide not to include a banner, make sure to delete this box.
Welcome to the library's subject guide for [ ]
1. Add a linked table of contents like the example in the image below by copying the following Link Assets from the Subject Research Guide Model.
To copy an asset, select Add/Reorder, Link, then Reuse Existing Link. Search for the asset by name (listed below). Select one owned by Elena Rodriguez from the Subject Research Guide Model. Once you've found the asset, check the box to make a copy, then add it to your guide.
List of assets to add:
- Developing your Research Question
- Finding Background Information
- Find Sources for your Research
- Read and Evaluate your Sources
- Writing and Citing
2. Edit the URL for each Asset so that it links to the correct page on your guide.
3. Delete this instruction section after you have added the assets using the edit button just to the right of this sentence.
College Quick Links