Plant trees while you search the web using Ecosia.org!
Ecosia uses the profit from ads while you search to plant trees where they are needed most. Learn more about how Ecosia works, their statistics, where in the world they are planting trees, and access financial reports by visiting the Ecosia information page.
The goal of the Sustainability Literacy Scholars Program (SLSP) is to equip students and their respective staff/community/faculty mentors with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to promote sustainability literacy in all forms. This will be accomplished by:
Upon successful completion of the SLSP, students will possess the ability to take sustainability literacy forward in their personal and professional lives, as well as future communities of habitation.
If you are interested in participating in the SLSP, then access the SLSP application form.
The Changemaker Challenge, as it pertains to College of Charleston is a campus-wide call for students, at both undergraduate and graduate levels, to
1. Demonstrate understanding of an Social Justice and Fair Distribution problem on a systemic level and/or
2. Create a sustainable solution to a Social Justice and Fair Distribution problem.
Each part of the challenge, problem and solution, will be a separate competition and will have a pool of $2500 in prize money ($5000 total). Students can enter either part of the competition – or compete in both parts.
1. Research a Food Security problem you would like to work on for the challenge.
2. Register for and attend a workshop offered at various times throughout the spring 2019 semester for help developing your understanding of the problem, by starting work on the Impact Gaps Canvas.
3. Bring your laptop to the workshop - you'll need it!